Last night was the strangest gala in the history of the Emmys, and all because of the Covid-19 pandemic. With a red carpet rolled out from the RRSS and nominees waiting in their living rooms, the gala looks did not disappoint. Zendaya y Regina King were two of the evening’s favourites and their styles knocked out the staff (and no wonder). Here is the list of the 2020 Emmy winners.
Cherry Jones: best guest actress in a dramatic series
– Where we can see it: Succession is the story of a dysfunctional family that owns an entertainment and media empire. Presented by HBO, this drama has a growing following.
– That’s what he wore to the galaCherry Jones opted for the more classic and versatile simplicity and wore a white shirt with a raised collar.
Catherine O’Hara: best comedy actress
– Where we can see itThe Emmy: You’ll find her in Schitt’s Creek, the favorite series of the 2020 Emmys, which won seven of the nine statuettes for which it was nominated. Although this series was filmed in 2015, it wasn’t until it appeared on Netflix that it caused a stir among the population.
– That’s what he wore to the galaBlack is a classic color that brings elegance and distinction. Catherine O’Hara knows this and last night she shone with her own light thanks to her Valentino design. The sequins in the sleeve area added texture and originality with very little, although the choice of footwear threw us
a little bit backwards.
Zendaya: best actress in a dramatic series
– Where we can see itAlthough we can see Zendaya in many films, the 2020 Emmy Award for Best Leading Actress went to her for her role in Euphoria. The HBO series continues to cause a stir – and not just because of its aesthetics.
– That’s what he wore to the galaWhy choose one look when you can come up with two? Zendaya loves her personality, her beauty and her style, and last night she broke hearts again with her styles signed by Christopher John Rogers and Armani Privé. Both options bordered on perfection (literally).
Annie Murphy: best supporting actress in comedy
– Where we can see itYou may not know who this actress is if you haven’t seen Schitt’s Creek before. By playing a repellent posh role, the actress has defended her character and made it one of the must-haves.
– That’s what he wore to the galaLike her co-star in the series (Catherine O’Hara), Annie Murphy chose black and Valentino for her look last night. Once again, the choice of footwear was the talk of the town, as the actress put on her sneakers to complement the final styling.
Julia Garner: best supporting actress in a dramatic series
– Where we can see itJulia Garner: If you haven’t seen Ozark yet and are looking for an excuse to get into it, Julia Garner’s role can be perfect. You’ll find her on Netflix.
– That’s what he wore to the galaThe actress fell in love with her personality dressed in Chanel with a vintage look. With a broken white color and pearls as protagonists, this style did not go unnoticed.
Regina King: best actress in a mini-series or TV movie
– Where we can see itIf you have HBO you can enjoy Regina King and her role in Watchmen like Angela Abar.
– That’s what he wore to the galaVibrant blue, Regina King fell in love (literally) with her full-blown Schiaparelli design. The jewelry applications as well as the asymmetries made this style epic and one of the evening’s favorites.
Uzo Aduba: best supporting actress in a mini-series or TV movie
– Where we can see itHBO has won us over by introducing Mrs. America, a series that tells the story of the movement to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment and the unexpected consequences that changed the U.S. political landscape forever.
– That’s what he wore to the galaUzo: Wearing a simple black T-shirt with Breonna Taylor’s name on it, Uzo wanted to give voice to racial injustice and recalled the death of the 26-year-old emergency technician in her home at the hands of three police officers (she had committed no crime).
Maria Schrader: best director in a mini-series or television film
– Where we can see itToday Unorthodox has been one of the most talked about mini-series on the Netflix platform. The great work of direction, aesthetics and plot have made Maria Schrader to be crowned as the best Director in mini-series or TV movie.
– That’s what he wore to the galaExtreme elegance with very little, here is the style of the director who chose a black tuxedo type suit.
Maya Rudolph: best guest actress in a comedy
– Where we can see itMaya Rudolph had it easier than the rest of her teammates to win. Last night she was nominated twice for best guest actress in a comedy for her role in Saturday Night Live y The Good Place. SNL it lasts over the years, and no wonder. Throughout its history, it has left us with unforgettable moments (and let’s hope it will continue to do so).
– That’s what he wore to the galaWith a simple flowery blouse, Maya captivated by her simplicity and personality.
Main picture : Gtres
Photos | Instagram @christopherjohnrogers, @luxurylaw, @iamjamesanthony, @stephenbest501, @barnfullofblouses, @juliagarnerofficial, @extratv, @mariaschrader.fp, Youtube